Apple, Rosemary, and Gruyère Grilled Cheese
A toasty, warming grilled cheese for the colder months ahead — sliced apples with fragrant rosemary and nutty Gruyère sandwiched between buttery grilled sourdough. The sweet and savory combination along with the herbaceous note from the rosemary is incredibly delicious and comforting. Perfect for the winter months ahead!
- 2 thick-cut slices For the Love of Bread organic Tourte de Meule
- butter, at room temperature
- 75 grams Gruyère cheese, sliced or grated
- 1/2 of a large apple, thinly sliced
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves only
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Generously butter one side of each slice of sourdough.
- Place the buttered side down of one slice in the pan and add the Gruyère cheese, apple slices, and rosemary on top.
- Place the remaining slice of sourdough on top (buttered side facing up) and close into a sandwich.
- Let the bread toast till golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Flip over and toast the other side until golden and all the cheese has melted, pressing down firmly with a spatula - about 3 to 5 more minutes.