Hello nostalgia! A classic egg salad sandwich is timeless and never goes out of style. We’ve recently been inspired by the sudden surge of egg salad sandwiches in the foodie-sphere. Think Japanese convenience store fluffy, creamy egg salad sandwiches in between perfectly sliced white bread; we’d like to think our version on our sourdough sandwich bread is just as good! What are some of your favorite classic sandwiches? Let us know in the comments below!
cooking time: 20 minutes
- 6 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
Add the hard boiled eggs to a food processor with the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, lemon juice, celery, scallions, parsley and salt & pepper. Process very gently till smooth and creamy, do not over process! Taste for seasoning.
To assemble and serve
- 6 slices of For the Love of Bread organic whole wheat sourdough sandwich bread, crusts removed and halved horizontally so that you have a total of 12 even slices
- egg salad
- butter lettuce
Stack the bread slices into two groups of 6. Spoon the egg salad in between each slice of bread and add a slice of lettuce to each alternating slice to create mini sandwiches all stacked up (see photo for reference). Garnish with fresh dill and enjoy!