Attention coffee lovers!
Today we are serving up a little caﬀeine jolt for your toast with a recipe for coﬀee butter! Butter is infused with freshly ground coﬀee beans, vanilla, a dash of salt and whipped with a bit of double cream till light and ﬂuﬀy. Spread on toasted sourdough with a drizzle of melted dark chocolate takes this toast to a whole new level. We didn’t add any sugar to the butter and instead sprinkled some crunchy turbinado sugar on top for texture and a hint of sweetness. Make sure to ﬁnely grind your coﬀee beans - we used the most ﬁne setting on our grinder for a powder-like consistency. Coarsely ground coﬀee beans will not dissolve into the butter and will result in a grainy texture.
- 1 stick (113 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp fresh double cream
- 1 tbsp ﬁnely ground coﬀee
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-4 slices For the Love of Bread organic country sourdough batard, toasted
- 20 grams 70% dark chocolate, melted
- turbinado sugar, to ﬁnish
Using a mixer, beat the butter with the double cream, ground coﬀee, vanilla, and salt until light and very ﬂuﬀy. Transfer to a bowl or jar. Spread the coﬀee butter generously onto the sourdough and drizzle with dark chocolate. Finish with a sprinkle of turbinado sugar. Enjoy!