Tuna, olives, cherry tomatoes, shallots and the perfect jammy egg. Inspired by the classic nicoise salad from Nice, we put it all together on our sourdough toast. We love using tuna packed in olive oil for its delicate flavor far superior to brine or water-packed tuna. This toast makes for a hearty meal ideal for lunch or a light dinner.
For the dijonnaise
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonaise
Mix the dijon mustard and mayonnaise in a small bowl till combined.
To assemble and serve
- 1 slice For the Love of Bread organic whole wheat sourdough batard, toasted
- 1 tin/can (120 grams) oil packed tuna
- 1 boiled egg, sliced (6 minutes for jammy, 9 minutes for hard boiled)
- 1/2 shallot, thinly sliced
- 4-6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- handful olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
Spread the dijonnaise on the toast. Place the tuna on top and season with salt & pepper. Add the boiled egg, sliced shallot, tomatoes, olives and dill on top. Finish with lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil and season to taste with salt & pepper. Enjoy!