The base of this creamy, herby dip is cashews. Mixed with an assortment of fresh herbs, garlic and lemon juice, this bright summery dip also happens to be completely vegan. It’s perfect on our country sourdough bread, and a great appetizer for your next social gathering. Did we mention our bread is also vegan?
cooking time: 8 hours inactive, 5 minutes active
- 225 grams / 1 1⁄2 cups raw unsalted cashew nuts, soaked in water for at least 8 hours and drained
- generous handful of fresh herbs: parsley, coriander, basil, dill and chives
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp water
- salt & pepper to taste
Place the soaked cashews, herbs, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, water, salt & pepper in a food processor. Process till smooth, add an additional tablespoon of water to loosen up if required. Taste for seasoning. Store in the fridge.
- For the Love of Bread organic country sourdough batard, sliced
- cashew herb dip
Slather on and enjoy!