Creamy clouds of whipped maple butter on hearty wholewheat sourdough boule. Made with real maple syrup and zero refined sugar, we whipped this butter to create a dreamy, cloud-like texture for the ultimate bread and butter combination. It’s this week’s #100Ways to love bread again, and absolutely dynamite. Grab the quick and easy recipe below, and remember...always use real butter!
yield: about 1 cup
time: 15 minutes
- 227 grams of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 5 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Use a hand or stand mixer to whip the butter until creamy and soft, about 5 minutes. Add the maple syrup, vanilla bean paste/extract, cinnamon and sea salt. Keep whipping for another 3-4 minutes until incorporated and fluffy.
- For the Love of Bread whole wheat sourdough boule, sliced (toasting is optional here).
- pure maple syrup, for drizzling
- toasted pecans
Spread the maple butter generously over the sourdough. Drizzle the maple syrup on top and adorn with toasted pecans and a dash of cinnamon. Enjoy!
- Whipping the butter creates the creamiest, dreamiest texture.
- Use real maple syrup for the purest maple flavor, no artificial shortcuts here.
- This maple butter is incredible on its own, but feel free to add any toppings you like such as toasted pecans and sliced apples.
- Store in a jar at room temperature.